The Prophet ﷺ said: “Nothing will be heavier on the Day of Resurrection in the Scale of the believer than good manners. Allah hates one who utters foul or coarse language. (Tirmidhi 626)
And Allah ﷻ says in the Quran: “Invite to the way of your Lord with wisdom and good instruction, and argue with them in a way that is best (…)”. (Quran, 16:125)
All articles and comments on our Website represent the opinions of the individuals who posted them. They do not necessarily reflect the views of BrightMuslim, and will be published at the discretion of BrightMuslim.
We rely on all Users to keep the Website a safe place for people to share and view opinions. To do this, we request that all members comply with the following rules, as the comments section will be moderated in accordance with them.
- We will not tolerate any kind of personal attacks on users, authors or any individual. Offensive comments attacking people’s race, religion or gender are not allowed and will be deleted.
- Abusive language, swearing, insulting, bullying and threatening is not allowed, and comments containing such language will be deleted.
- Threats will be reported to local authorities.
- Avoid shouting. Writing in caps is considered shouting.
- Don’t be judgmental.
- Respect the opinion of others, and make sure to keep the discussions on an academic level. Discuss in a constructive way.
- Stay on topic. Do not start irrelevant conversations in the comment field.
- Blasphemy on any level is not tolerated. Abusing any religion, prophet or scholar is not allowed.
- If you refer to Quran or a Hadith please link to the specific ayah/surah or hadith. No personal interpretation of ayahs will be accepted, we only accept links to ayat interpretations from quran.com and ahadith from sunnah.com.
- The English language is preferable. If the moderator does not understand the meaning of a comment it may be deleted. Also if the moderator does not understand the comment due to poor spelling it may be deleted. We reserve the right to correct grammar or spelling of comments.
- Do not post copied material if you don’t have the copyright.
- Don’t spam. Don’t repost the same message or similar messages more than once.
- No advertising – do not post commercials or business content.
- Do not use inappropriate usernames.
- Avoid provocative statements like “Really?”, “No offence, but..” etc.
- It’s a good conduct to read all the comments before answering.
- Do not leak any personal information. You may not publish your own or anybody’s personal information such as phone number, address, email, work place etc.